A blow-dry at the salon or daily straightening with iron and chemical treatments are temporary and cause severe damages to your hair. So, if you want to know how to get smooth hair, without damaging it then read on!
It is possible to straighten your hair using natural and chemical-free ingredients. These 8 home cures used to get straight hair will teach you how to obtain straight hair naturally without harming it in the process.
How to get smooth hair with 8 easy home remedies:
The ingredients mentioned here are largely available at your home and bear marvellous results once you are done with the process. Each of these methods will give you shining, straight, smooth and strong hair.
1) Eggs and Olive Oil
When it comes to strengthening your hair, egg and olive oil are a match made in heaven. How about using them in straightening your hair as well? To make this home cure, all you will need are a few simple ingredients: two eggs and one part of olive oil are used in this recipe.
- Put both the ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Apply the mixture to your scalp
- Wait for an hour and let your hair soak it
- Rinse it off using a mild shampoo
2) Milk, Honey and Strawberries
Milk is a very effective natural straightening substance. Since it is high in protein, it smoothes out your hair and strengthens the hair follicle. Honey adds a natural glaze to the hair making it soft. Strawberries add enough nutrition to the hair to make it strong.
- Mix two teaspoons of honey into milk
- Add freshly crushed strawberries to it
- Apply it to your hair
- Wrap a towel around to keep the mixture from dripping
- Rinse it off after a couple of hours
3) Aloe Vera
In addition to promoting hair development, and helping in the quest to know how to straighten hair, aloe vera is a saviour. It is loaded with enzymes that keep your hair supple and silky. Dehydration and frizz are reduced when the product enters the hair, hydrating it from the roots.
- Blend heated oil and aloe pulp
- Microwave the mixture for 30 seconds
- Apply this mask to your hair after washing it
- Wait for 30 to 40 minutes and wash it off
4) Castor Oil
Castor oil has a number of health advantages. Besides, it includes the treatment of skin diseases, gastrointestinal issues, and constipation. When applied to the hair with a little amount of warm coconut oil, it helps to straighten it.
- Wet your hair first
- Warm up the mixture of oils
- Apply it thoroughly
- Wrap your head with a warm and moist cloth and leave it for 30 minutes
- Use a mild shampoo to wash off the oil remains
Vinegar is one of the most common treatments for adding smoothness and gloss to hair. The mild acidic effect of vinegar is the answer to ‘how to get smooth hair.’
- Wash your hair with shampoo
- Apply conditioner
- Wash off the conditioner from your hair
- Rinse it with vinegar at the end
6) Lemon Juice and Coconut Milk
Use this mixture to straighten your hair naturally. Moreover, your hair also benefits from coconut milk which acts as a natural conditioner.
- Mix coconut milk with lemon juice
- Apply it to your hair
- Leave it on for a few minutes
- Use lukewarm water to rinse your hair thoroughly
7) Banana, Curd, Honey and Olive Oil
Each of the ingredients acts as a natural agent to straighten and smoothen hair. The nourishing effects of this mixture are long-lasting and resolve the problem of how to straighten hair naturally.
- Make a fine paste with two overripe bananas, 2 tablespoons of honey, olive oil and curd
- Cover your hair with a shower cover after applying this mask
- Then wash it off after half an hour
8) Multani Mitti or Fullers Earth
Multani mitti not only brightens the skin but also straightens the hair. So, you can apply it on your skin as well as your hair and learn how to straighten hair at home easily!
- Mix a cup of Multani mitti and one egg white
- Add two tablespoons of rice flour and salt
- Add water to make a paste
- Apply it to your hair
- Let it sit for 30 minutes before washing it
- Lightly comb the hair to remove any remaining product
- These remedies should only be followed twice or thrice a week and not every day.
- Each treatment requires time for its effects to manifest, so be patient.
- Do not apply a hairdryer immediately after you have washed your hair.
- Rather, dry your hair naturally.
- Applying a hair serum on wet hair smoothens and detangles it.
- Always comb your hair thoroughly before applying any of these remedies as it leads to lesser breakage of hair.
- Do not include hair fall chemicals or hair packs to these.
Thus, these easy remedies definitely answer the question ‘How to straighten hair at home?’
Now, try them out at the earliest and say goodbye to frizzy, wavy, and unmanageable hair. Give your hair a treat with these loved ingredients to straighten your hair effortlessly.