A light dusting of pressed powder adds that perfect finishing touch to your makeup to give a flawless look. It is a versatile and handy makeup product that sets your makeup perfectly and seals the base, so your makeup lasts longer and looks even. You can either use the pressed powder over your foundation to set the base or wear it alone after moisturizing your face for a light and dewy, day makeup look.
Apart from hiding minor imperfections, a pressed powder keeps your skin shine-free by absorbing the excess oil. However, to reap all the benefits a compact or pressed powder offers, you need to find the right product that is made for your skin tone and type. Here’s how to go about it:
Pressed Powder – How to Select the Perfect Shade?
When choosing the pressed powder shade, always select one that perfectly matches your skin colour. One shade lighter will make your skin look grey and ashy, and a shade darker will not flatter it nicely. Remember – apply a tester on your cheeks or jawline to know your closest shade.
- Before setting out to buy a pressed powder, know your skin type and the coverage you’re looking for.
- If you have a lighter skin tone, go for a product with a pink undertone having one or two shades lighter than your original skin tone.
- If you have a deeper skin tone, pick a pressed powder with an orange or yellow undertone that exactly matches your skin.
- Choice of pressed powder also depends on the makeup coverage you’re aiming for. If you’re looking for a natural finish, go for the ones offering sheer coverage.
Pressed Powder for Oily Skin Type
A pressed powder offering a mattifying effect is ideal for oily-skinned beauties as that helps control the excess oil secretion. Pressed powders are great for touch-ups during the day as it helps keep your makeup from smudging and make it look fresh all day long. However, keep the following points in mind before buying a pressed powder for oily skin type:
- When choosing a pressed powder for oily skin, look for the one with a mattifying effect to stop the excess oil production.
- Avoid the powders that claim the shine and radiance as that can make your face look oily and greasy.
- If there’s an option, go for a sweat-proof or waterproof pressed powder.
Before applying the pressed powder on oily skin, ensure the following.
- Always prep the skin with a face primer to set the base. It also helps mattify your skin and control oil.
- Use a makeup brush, a beauty blender, or a sponge to apply the pressed powder on your skin. Never apply it with your hands. Dab a few extra coats on your T-zone as that is where the oily skin gets mostly oilier.
- Another great tip is to rub an ice cube on your face before starting makeup. It helps control the excess oil production and minimize the pores.
Pressed Powder for Dry Skin Type
Dry-skinned beauties have to make a little extra effort with picking the right makeup products that help moisturize their skin. Before choosing a pressed powder for dry skin, keep in mind the following factors:
- Never choose matte finish pressed powders as they end up making your skin look drier. Instead, opt for a cream-based pressed powder or a translucent makeup fixing powder that doesn’t make it look flaky.
- Go for a versatile product that works for all skin types. Look for active ingredients like Vitamin E that soothe your skin and make it look less scaly.
Dry-skinned makeup lovers should stick to the following powder application hacks for optimal results:
- Start your makeup routine by slathering your face with a generous amount of moisturizer and let it sit on your skin for about 10-15 minutes, so it gets fully absorbed. After your skin is visibly hydrated and moisturised, proceed with applying a pressed powder. This will ensure your skin isn’t drying out and is breathing under the makeup with moisturization.
- All dry-skinned beauties have their identified drier areas like cheeks or nose area. Refrain from applying the pressed powder on such areas to control the dryness, patchiness, and uneven skin.
Pressed Powder for Sensitive Skin Type
Sensitive skin is the most challenging to apply makeup on without causing it to break out or flare up with redness all over. However, sensitive-skinned beauties should take care of the following while choosing a pressed powder:
- Refrain from buying pressed powders containing waxes, emollient oils, fragrances, or harmful preservatives. These are a strict no-no for sensitive skin types.
- Whether you have an oily or dry skin, take a good look at the ingredients in your chosen pressed powder. Go with the ones having all-natural formulations like vitamin E and Japanese Sakura, a rare and delicate flower with rich antioxidant levels.
Pick a Pressed Powder with the Right Texture
One of the most prominent and significant attributes of a good-quality pressed powder is its fine texture. Pick a pressed powder that has a lightweight and finely-milled texture as it keeps your makeup light. We suggest using the ones enriched with Vitamin E as they glide smoothly on the skin and don’t require much blending effort.
The finer the pressed powder texture is, the more real and naturally-radiant your skin looks. Do a patch test to ensure your pressed powder doesn’t make your skin look cakey or accentuate its fine lines.
Products to Buy
Lotus Makeup offers Proedit Slik Touch Perfecting Powder in nearly six shades to suit all skin types and undertones to precision. It helps you achieve radiant and luminous skin for a flawless yet natural makeup look. Dab a few strokes over your moisturized skin for an effortless, makeup-free look, or set your foundation for a perfect and even makeup base.
It is enriched with Vitamin E that has anti-ageing properties to maintain the skin’s elasticity and firmness. It is also packed with antioxidants that combat free radical damage. Its hero ingredient Japanese Sakura is known for its rich antioxidant levels and soothing properties. It is also rich in essential fatty acids; it repairs your skin's barriers to promote smooth and supple skin. It suits all skin types and offers a smooth texture with spotless coverage.
Invest in quality and buy Lotus Makeup products specially formulated for Indian skin types after long research blending years of expertise in product design.