The pitter-patter of the raindrops, the aroma of the rain-drenched earth, and the greenery getting greener around you make monsoons quite the season to marvel at. We’re here with a simple, budget-friendly, but highly effective skincare routine tailor-made for the season of rain and romance.
Get ready to fall in love with your glowing skin this monsoon!
Step #1 - Gentle Cleanser
As humidity rises, skin tends to get greasy and sticky. This makes pollutant particles, germs, and grime accumulate and stick to your face. So, focusing on deep cleansing your skin is more essential than ever. But be careful; deep cleansing doesn’t mean harsh.
Choose a sulfate-free, non-drying cleanser like the WHITEGLOW Activated Charcoal Anti-Pollution Brightening Facewash. The activated charcoal in the formula acts like a magnet to draw out all the impurities from deep within your pores. It also has tea-tree oil, which has incredible anti-microbial properties and is perfect for keeping acne at bay.
Spend 2-3 minutes of your skincare time to massage and work the cleanser into your skin. This will give you enough time for the active ingredients in the cleanser to work their magic on your skin.
Step #2 - Exfoliation (2-3 times a week)
Your skin starts to produce more sebum during the monsoons. While healthy sebum production is essential to keep your skin happy, bouncy, and moisturized, excessive sebum prevents dead skin cells from sloughing off naturally. This makes your skin look dull and textured.
A gentle exfoliator is a savior in this situation. It softens and lifts off the dull layer of dead skin cells, revealing soft, bright, and glossy skin hidden underneath. The WHITEGLOW Skin Brightening Oatmeal & Yogurt Scrub makes for a fab scrub year round, but especially for the monsoons for the following reasons -
- Oatmeal is a super-gentle physical exfoliator that won’t cause micro-tears in your skin like harsh scrubs do.
- The yogurt enzyme brightens, exfoliates chemically (being a naturally derived AHA), and strengthens the skin.
- The oatmeal and yogurt combine to moisturize and hydrate the skin for an unmissable glow and softness.
The best dermatologist skin care tips include using scrubs during your PM skincare routine with light pressure.
Step #3 - Antioxidant-rich Serum
When picking a serum for the monsoons, ensure to pick something that’s lightweight and watery to retain skin hydration. Oily serums are a bad idea when the weather gets humid. They increase the risk of clogging your pores and causing acne.
Active Aloe + Niacinamide Brightening Boost Serum is the perfect quick-absorbing serum for monsoons. Here’s what makes it the superior choice for your skin -
- Your skin can get dehydrated when you sweat profusely in the humid weather. Rubbing off the sweat frequently and the sweat itself can irritate your skin. The Aloe Vera formula of this serum hydrates your skin deeply. While also calming and healing any irritation and redness.
- Niacinamide is one of the best brightening skincare ingredients that fades tanning and lightens pigmentation. Your skin gets more even toned and brighter with regular use.
- Niacinamide regulates and balances sebum production, which prevents your skin from getting excessively oily.
- At the same time, it strengthens the skin’s natural moisture barrier leaving it hydrated and glowing.
- The antioxidants from Aloe and Niacinamide work together to protect your skin from oxidative stress caused by pollution and sun damage.
Step #4 - Moisturize
Heavy skin whitening creams are a no-go during this time of the year for the same reason we recommend avoiding oily serums. The Active Aloe + Niacinamide Brightening Boost Gel is an Aloe Vera gel for a face moisturizer that will lock in hydration and moisture into your skin throughout the day. It is a savior for normal, combination, and oily skin. Apply a thick layer of this gel like hydrating face masks on your face. Let your skin absorb it for 15-20 minutes, then massage the excess in circular motions.
Suppose your skin leans towards the drier side. In that case, you can choose a gel-creme formulation that blends gel moisturizers' lightweight and quick-absorbing nature with cremes' nourishment and moisturization power. The WHITEGLOW Skin Brightening Gel Cream SPF 25 PA+++ is a winner. And it acts like a potent anti ageing cream too!
Step #5 - Sunscreen
Always conclude your morning skincare routine with sunscreen to protect your skin against sun damage. Yes, even during the monsoons when the sun doesn’t seem too strong. The invisible, harmful rays of the sun can reach you even through thick cloud cover. The Safesun UltraRx Sunscreen Serum SPF 60 PA++++ is an innovative formula that absorbs quickly into your skin without leaving a white cast. The Cica in it will help calm and heal your skin while the Hyaluronic Acid hydrates deeply for an unmatchable natural glow. The water-proof formula is perfect for highly humid and rainy weather conditions.
The lightweight, non-greasy formula also makes it convenient to reapply every 2 hours. Reapplication ensures your skin gets optimum protection even when you sweat through sunscreen throughout the day.
This monsoon, cut through the gloom with your glowing skin with this skincare routine.