When a pimple is uninvited on your face, they leave you with an equally embarrassing goodbye souvenir - a stubborn dark mark! Ugh, talk about double trouble. But how do these tiny little troublemakers leave your skin so damaged?
Well, think of a pimple as the very tip of the iceberg. The real battle goes on inside your pore, under the pimple. Your body’s white blood cells wage war on the trapped bacteria, sebum, and dirt. And the result is those dark marks! In this blog, we will tell you 3 truly powerful, science-backed ways to treat your pigmentation on face like a pro.
Step #1 - Cleanse & Control
The root cause of pimples is excess oil production that breeds pimple-causing bacteria. The Tea Tree & Cinnamon Anti-Acne Oil Control Face Wash is a sulfate-free free formula that’s super gentle on your skin. However, the powerful tea tree and cinnamon extracts in the facewash are considered to be nature’s best anti-pimple treatment. Together, they kill harmful, pimple-causing bacteria hidden in your pores and reduce excessive oil production.
But that’s not all; here’s what else the best face wash for combination skin can do -
- The tea tree extract is your best friend when it comes to calming your skin irritated and red acne-prone skin. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- The antioxidant-rich cinnamon extract strengthens your skin and increases blood circulation to speed up acne-healing.
- Tea tree oil's natural purifying effect also helps flush out deep-seated gunk and oil from the pores.
Although tea tree and cinnamon are great for acne-prone skin, don’t rush into your kitchen to mix up your little concoction. These two powerful ingredients need to be diluted in the right proportion and with the right skincare technology to give your skin the best results.
Expert Tip: Massage the face wash for pimples on your damp skin for at least 2 minutes in the morning and night. It will allow the goodness of these natural ingredients to penetrate your skin better and deliver a deeper cleanse.
Step #2: Treat & Lighten
When it comes to brightening your skin and lightening acne scars fast, vitamin C is considered the best bet by dermatologists across the globe. The Lotus Herbals WhiteGlow VITAMIN-C + Gold RADIANCE SERUM is not your ordinary vitamin C serum. The vitamin C in the formulation is derived from 2 natural sources -
- Australian Kakadu plum, which has 100 times more vitamin C than oranges!
- Japanese Yuzu lemon is a rich source of antioxidants and skin-supporting vitamins.
The serum also contains real 24-karat gold, known for imparting a golden radiance to the skin.
The powerful serum helps your acne prime skin in the following ways -
- The high vitamin C content prevents your skin from making excessive melanin. As a result, the pigmentation on your face gets lighter, and your skin tone gets brighter with regular use.
- The antioxidant in the serum also protects your skin from free radicals, which further brightens and lightens.
- It also encourages your skin to make more collagen - a protein that gives your bouncy firmness and structure. The collagen fills up the pitted scars often left behind by pimples and gives your skin a smoother texture.
- The serum delivers skin-deep moisture and hydration, making your skin look juicy and bright and assisting in faster healing of pimples and scars.
Step #3 - Protect
Fading acne scars takes a lot of hard work and patience. Don’t let the sun take your precious results away! The sun's harsh rays make your scars even darker and more stubborn. So, apply a generous layer of Safe Sun Vitamin-C MatteGEL Daily Sunscreen SPF 50 before stepping out in the sun. It has a feather-light gel formula making it the perfect sunscreen for acne-prone, oily skin. The dermatologically tested formula won’t clog your pores, irritate your skin or worsen blemishes on your face. Instead, the vitamin C of the sunscreen will work together with the serum to intensify the brightening effect further.
Here are some sunscreen best practices suggested by doctors to protect your skin in the best way possible -
- Squeeze out the sunscreen on the lengths of your index, middle, and ring finger. That’s the appropriate amount of sunscreen you should use to cover your face and neck.
- Reapply your sunscreen after every 2 hours to ensure you stay protected throughout the day.
- If you sit in a room with direct sunlight or big transparent windows, consider applying sunscreen indoors too.
So, that’s it, beautiful. 3 utterly simple ways to lighten your pimple marks. But remember that pimples are normal, and most of us go through it. Don’t let those tiny little buggers affect your confidence because you are beautiful with or without pimples.