We all like our cool breezy dresses, and sunny shades as the summers are approaching, but what do we fear the most about this weather?- The Ruthless Sun.
When UVA rays penetrate the skin layers, they signal the skin’s cells to produce excess melanin which further darkens the skin and causes skin tanning. Exposure to sun causes tanning and triggers skin concerns like hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and blemishes. The sun’s harmful radiations strip the moisture from the skin and make it appear dull and fatigued. We all are well aware that tanning can become stubborn and does not go away smoothly.
Are you also stressed about stepping out in the sun? Then do not worry, we’ve got you covered!
Here are some ways in which you can remove the sun tanning-
Use Tomato as a Home Remedy to remove sun tan from face
Tomato has proven to be a trusted ingredient for our beauty and skincare concerns. It is rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants that promote the growth of collagen in the body. It alleviates the sunburns, rashes and acts as a natural barrier against the sun.
Here’s how you can use Tomato at home-
- Mash a tomato and separate its pulp. Apply the tomato juice all over your face.
- Let it dry off completely and wash it with lukewarm water.
- You can repeat this method thrice a week for sun tan removal and visibly brighter and glowing skin.
Use a De-Tan Face Pack to remove Sun Tan
A De-Tan Face pack is also an effective method to remove sun tan. The Lotus De-Tan Face Pack is a highly recommended product to get rid of the unwanted sun tan and skin pigmentation. It deeply hydrates, rejuvenates and delivers radiant and glowing skin after one use. Use it at least twice a week to get healthy, glowing skin that is free from sun tanning.
How to use-
- Wash your face thoroughly using the Safesun Facewash and pat dry.
- Take a small amount of the SafeSun DeTAN Face pack and, using your fingers/brush, apply it over your face.
- Wash it off or remove it with a damp sponge once it gets dry.
Aloe Vera as an effective Home Remedy for Suntan removal
Aloe Vera is one of the most readily available ingredients in the market. It is a medicinal plant with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that soothes your skin and effectively treats the suntan. It can be found in the gel form or extracted directly from the Aloe Vera leaf and applied onto the affected areas of your skin. It helps in brightening your skin complexion and shields it from the sun damage.
Here’s how you can use Aloe Vera at home
- Apply a thick layer of Aloe Vera Gel before going to bed and wash it off using a mild cleanser in the morning.
- Repeat this procedure every day to get rid of the suntan at home.
Cucumber Extract for Suntan Removal
Cucumber is a magical ingredient for sunburnt and tanned skin. Cucumber has a cooling effect and helps remove tan from your face.
Here’s how you can remove tan using cucumber at home:
- Slice a cucumber and squeeze it to get the juice out.
- Apply the liquid over the affected areas of your face with a cotton pad.
- Let it dry completely and wash it off with water.
Raw Papaya as a Home remedy to Remove Tan
This wondrous fruit contains the enzyme ‘papain’ that mildly exfoliates the outermost layer of our skin, works on improving the skin texture and refining it, and helps eliminate blemishes, pigmentation, and fights off the sunspots.
Here’s how you can remove tan using papaya at home:
- Scoop out the pulp of the papaya.
- Mash it and apply on your face, hands and other affected areas of your body.
Curd and Honey as an Effective Remedy to Remove Sun Tan
Curd acts as a bleaching agent and reduces pigmentation. The natural acids and enzymes present in curd exfoliate your skin effectively and help eliminate the skin tan. Honey is also a magical ingredient for your skin as it contains antioxidants that heal the damage caused by the sun.
How to Use-
- Add one tablespoon of honey in 2 tablespoons of curd.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply a thick layer on your skin.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse it with water.
While all these home remedies are exceptional for removing suntan, applying sunscreen on the exposed body parts and face before getting out in the sun is of utmost importance. The Lotus Sunscreen Lotion is exceptional to avoid all the sun tanning and protects you from the unnecessary sun exposure. Always try to cover your face using a scarf or wear sunglasses if necessary, because excess of Vitamin D can also prove harmful for your skin. Use these remedies regularly that suit your skin type, and you will be good to go in the approaching sunny days!