We all like our cool breezy dresses, and sunny shades as the summers are approaching, but what do we fear the most about this weather?- The Ruthless Sun.
When UVA rays penetrate the skin layers, they signal the skin’s cells to produce excess melanin which further darkens the skin and causes skin tanning. Exposure to the sun causes tanning and triggers skin concerns like hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and blemishes. The sun’s harmful radiations strip the moisture from the skin and make it appear dull and fatigued. We all are well aware that tanning can become stubborn and does not go away smoothly.
Are you also stressed about stepping out in the sun? Then do not worry, we’ve got you covered!
Here are some easy yet effective ways for skin tan removal: -
USE TOMATO AS A HOME REMEDY TO REMOVE SUN TAN FROM FACE
Tomato has proven to be a trusted ingredient for our beauty and skincare concerns. It is rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants that promote the growth of collagen in the body. It alleviates sunburns and rashes and acts as a natural barrier against the sun.
Here’s how you can use tomato at home-
- Mash a tomato and separate its pulp. Apply the tomato juice all over your face.
- Let it dry off completely and wash it with lukewarm water.
- You can repeat this method thrice a week for sun tan removal and visibly brighter and glowing skin.
USE A DE-TAN FACE PACK TO REMOVE TAN FROM FACE
A De-Tan Face pack is also an effective method to remove suntan. The Lotus Herbals Safe Sun DeTAN After-Sun Face Pack is a highly recommended product to get rid of unwanted suntan and skin pigmentation. It deeply hydrates, rejuvenates, and delivers radiant and glowing skin after one use. Use it at least twice a week to get healthy, glowing skin that is free from sun tanning.
How to use-
- Wash your face thoroughly using a tan removal face wash like the Lotus Herbals Safe Sun DeTAN Face Wash Gel and pat dry.
- Take a small amount of the SafeSun DeTAN Face pack and, using your fingers/brush, apply it over your face.
- Wash it off or remove it with a damp sponge once it gets dry.
ALOE VERA AS AN EFFECTIVE HOME REMEDY TO REMOVE TAN FROM FACE
Aloe Vera is one of the most readily available ingredients in the market. It is a medicinal plant with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that soothes your skin and effectively treats the suntan. It can be found in gel form or extracted directly from the Aloe Vera leaf and applied to the affected areas of your skin. It helps in brightening your skin complexion and shields it from sun damage. Many tan removal face washes use this wonder ingredient to lighten the suntan and brighten the skin.
Here’s how you can use Aloe Vera for skin tan removal at home
- Apply a thick layer of Aloe Vera Gel before going to bed and wash it off using a mild cleanser in the morning.
- Repeat this procedure every day to get rid of the suntan at home.
CUCUMBER EXTRACT TO REMOVE TAN FROM FACE
Cucumber is a magical ingredient for sunburnt and tanned skin. Cucumber has a cooling effect and helps remove tan from your face.
Here’s how you can remove tan using cucumber at home:
- Slice a cucumber and squeeze it to get the juice out.
- Apply the liquid over the affected areas of your face with a cotton pad.
- Let it dry completely and wash it off with water.
RAW PAPAYA AS A HOME REMEDY TO REMOVE TAN FROM FACE
This wondrous fruit contains the enzyme ‘papain’ that mildly exfoliates the outermost layer of our skin, works on improving the skin texture and refining it, and helps eliminate blemishes, pigmentation, and fights off the sunspots.
Here’s how you can remove tan from your face using papaya at home:
- Scoop out the pulp of the papaya.
- Mash it and apply it to your face, hands, and other affected areas of your body.
CURD AND HONEY AS AN EFFECTIVE REMEDY TO REMOVE SUN TAN FROM FACE
Curd acts as a bleaching agent and reduces pigmentation. The natural acids and enzymes present in curd exfoliate your skin effectively and help eliminate skin tan. Honey is also a magical ingredient for your skin as it contains antioxidants that heal the damage caused by the sun.
How to Use-
- Wash your face with a tan removal face wash and pat dry.
- Add one tablespoon of honey to 2 tablespoons of curd.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply a thick layer to your skin.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse it with water.
While all these home remedies are exceptional for skin tan removal, applying sunscreen on the exposed body parts and face before getting out in the sun is of utmost importance. The Lotus Sunscreen Lotion is exceptional to avoid all the sun tanning and protects you from unnecessary sun exposure. Always try to cover your face using a scarf or wear sunglasses, because excess Vitamin D can also prove harmful to your skin. Use these remedies regularly that suit your skin type, and you will be good to go in the approaching sunny days!