The ritual of skin masking dates back to ancient times. In India, royals used Ayurvedic concoctions made of turmeric, sandalwood, neem, rose water, saffron, and the like to enhance their complexion and preserve their youthful skin. Today, with the rise of sophisticated skincare technology and science, masking is not only more accessible to us commons but has also become much more effective at enhancing one’s natural glow.
As pollution levels rise and the sun’s rays become harsher with climate change, skin masking has evolved from relaxing me-time activity to a much-needed skincare ritual to protect our skin from daily stressors.
In this blog, we will discuss 3 different masks that will help you achieve glossy radiance by fighting the common skincare issues that are triggered by pollution and stress.
- Dry, Dehydrated Skin
Pollution can dry out your skin in the following ways -
- The tiny pollutant particles can settle into your skin’s pores and clog them, preventing them from releasing your skin’s natural oils that keep your skin moisturized and glowy.
- Your body produces free radicals when it comes in contact with harmful pollutants. These free radicals disrupt your skin’s natural moisture barrier, causing it to lose hydration and resulting in dry, dehydrated skin that looks older than it is.
- Pollution and the sun’s harsh rays work together to suck the moisture out of your skin.
But, don’t you worry! The Whiteglow Satin Moisture Anti-Pollution Serum Mask is your super-hydrating saviour that will save you from the attacks of everyday pollution within minutes. Start by giving your skin a good cleanse first with a sulfate-free face wash that cleanses profoundly but does not dry out your skin any further.
Unfold the sheet masque soaked in serum and lay it on your face for 10 minutes. During these 10 minutes, your freshly cleansed skin will drink the natural hydration from this best face mask for glowing skin. The aloe vera in it will also cool and calm your skin to fight inflammation and redness caused by pollution. This deeply moisturizing and soothing mask is enough to heal your skin’s disrupted barrier and bring your radiance back with a bang!
Expert Tip: If your skin feels flaky or clogged, follow your cleanser with a mild face scrub to dissolve the dead skin layer and flakiness.
- Tanning & Hyperpigmentation
Most of us already know that the harsh Indian sun is responsible for skin tanning. But did you know pollution can also cause and worsen skin darkening? Yes, the free radical damage and inflammation caused by pollution trigger our melanin-producing cells to make more melanin. This results in skin darkening and spots.
The innovative Safe Sun DeTAN Serum Mask can beat even the best skin-brightening face pack with its skin-brightening and lightening properties. It is packed with potent tomato extracts that help your pollution-beaten skin in the following ways -
- It feeds skin with Vitamin C and antioxidants that fight free radicals leaving your skin nourished and healed from within.
- Lycopene in the tomato extract is a natural and powerful compound to reverse sun damage and lighten skin tanning to reveal even-toned, brighter skin.
- The brightening effect is further enhanced by its mild exfoliation properties, which also smoothes out your skin, leaving it baby soft.
Apply this face mask for glowing skin after sun exposure to brighten your skin and soothe and moisturize it deeply. You can use it every night or about 3 times a week to get the most radiant skin of your life.
Expert Tip: Don’t wash off the excess serum left behind on your face after using these sheet masks. Instead, gently massage it into your skin and doze off to wake up with the freshest glow.
- Dull Skin
Free radical damage, inflammation, skin barrier disruption, and excessive melanin production caused by pollution dull your skin. On top of that, pollution slows down skin cell turnover. The cycle of dead skin cells sloughing off and fresh new skin cells replacing them becomes slower. They are further worsening the dullness.
Solution? WHITEGLOW Infused Brightening Pollution Safe Serum Mask. This sheet mask is better than any instant glow face pack in your kitchen. Here’s what makes it the best face pack for glowing skin -
- It is rich in Saxifraga flower extract, a potent antioxidant that fights free radicals and inflammation to promote healing. Continuous use can strengthen your skin’s barrier, smooth out texture and calm your skin.
- The milk extract in this face pack for glowing skin exfoliates the skin gently and feeds it with protein to brighten it.
- The milk protein also moisturizes and smoothes out skin to give it a glass-skin-like glow.
Expert Tip: Keep your sheet mask in the fridge for an hour or two before application to enhance its cooling and calming benefits.
Sheet masks have made masking an affordable, quick, and highly effective. Their raging global popularity is a tell-tale sign of their efficacy. So, stock up on these skincare gems from Lotus Herbals and give your skin the TLC it deserves in this polluted world.