Right skincare is extremely important for everyone because our skin is exposed to pollutants, dirt, and grime everyday. On top of it, stress, unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, and irregular sleep cycles further affect our skin badly leading to numerous skin issues .
Skin problems are very common, and most of them are caused due to sun exposure. It is very important to safeguard your skin against external forces such as sunlight and pollution. Always remember to have a strong skincare regimen in place to make sure your skin does not get damaged by the natural change in seasons. Be it summer or winter; sunscreen is a must wear product for everyone. Many people do not feel the need to wear sunscreen when it is cloudy or when they are indoors. However, shunning the preconceived notion, applying sunscreen is equally important indoors, when you’re not stepping out. Protecting your skin against the harmful UV A and UV B rays must be a part of your skincare routine.
Make sure to buy a good quality sunscreen with natural ingredients that are safe for your skin. There are several brands available in the market offering good quality sunscreens with high SPF for enhanced sun protection. Before buying the best sunscreen for travelling or for regular use, make sure you know the ingredients and SPF quotient well.
While you’re vacationing at a beach or you need a good sunscreen for everyday use while stepping out in sun, check the SPF for travel. In a country like India that has a hot and humid weather for most months of the year, a sunscreen with SPF 50 and above is must. In the following article, we will be looking at some of the best sunscreens meant for travelling purposes.
How to Choose the Right Sunscreen?
People travel to distant lands in search of much-needed peace and tranquillity. Relaxing in isolation somewhere far away is a dream vacation for many. Therefore, packing light is a necessity and must be practised diligently. Especially when travelling by air, it is essential to be aware of packing requirements. The most common mistake people make while packing for a trip abroad is packing bulky bottles of toiletries and skincare products with their luggage. You must make sure to pack compact and lightweight things to avoid heavy luggage.
Sunscreens are essential while travelling anywhere as they are required every day and in every season. Be it summer, winters or autumn, sunscreens must be part of your skincare for the long term protection of your skin and overall health. Following are some points to be kept in mind before buying the best sunscreen for travelling.
- SPF for Travel: SPF or the Sun Protection Factor is the aspect relating to how much UV rays can a sunscreen filter when applied on the skin. The higher the SPF, the safer it is for you to step out in the sun. Be aware of the sun exposure of the place you are travelling to, and ensure that your sunscreen has the appropriate SPF. It is advised to carry a sunscreen having an SPF of a minimum of 15. If you are visiting places like a beach or sunny open areas, go with higher SPF for travel.
- Formulation: The formulation of the sunscreen is also important to know its relevance for the skin type. Sunscreens are available in cream, gel and sunscreen spray forms. You can pick any one of them as per your needs. For oily skin, go for sunscreens with gel-based formulation. For dry skinned beauties, a sunscreen with creme-based texture is ideal to provide sun protection and hydration at the same time. A sunscreen spray bottle is an ideal proposition to carry around while travelling and for everyday easy application
- Organic Ingredients: Always make sure that the product you are buying is completely organic. This means that your sunscreens must be made with 100% organic and natural ingredients. This ensures the product's safety on every skin type. Some brands use harmful chemicals for making their sunscreens which may prove to be highly toxic on the skin. As this product is worn on the skin, it becomes more important to read the ingredients list on the packaging before buying. Always place your trust in organic brands like Lotus Herbals. Their line of sunscreens is made of all natural products that are cruelty free, paraben free, and provide a beautiful base for makeup.
- Suitability: Lastly, you have to decide which sunscreen suits your skin as well as your pocket. You must be attracted to the brand and its products to become a patron. Also, a brand must be on the affordable side to become your preferred brand. The best sunscreen for travelling can be from any brand, provided it fulfils your suitability requirements. Lotus Herbals offers best-quality sunscreens for travelling and everyday use that are affordable for everyone.
Best Sunscreens to Buy for Higher Sun Protection (for all skin types)
Broadly, a sunscreen, based on its texture, can be divided into three categories - creme-based, gel-based, and sunscreen spray for an aquatic consistency and ease of application. Let’s look at them and our recommendations for the best sunscreen for all skin types and textures:
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Sports Super Stay Sunscreen SPF 70 PA+++: It is a cream-based sunscreen with an SPF of 70. With such a high measure of SPF, this sunscreen is best suited for people with dry to normal skin exposed to high levels of UV B. It is formulated with non-toxic ingredients such as chamomile and calendula extracts. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Sports Super Stay Sunscreen SPF 70 PA+++ is the best sunscreen for travelling if you are looking for a cream-based formula for a sunblock.
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3 In 1 Matte Look Daily Sunscreen SPF 40 PA+++: If you have oily skin, a cream-based sunscreen might not do the job for you. You must opt for Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3 In 1 Matte Look Daily Sunscreen SPF 40 PA+++ which is suitable for oily and combination skin types. While travelling to a place full of humidity, these types of formulations would be best suited for you. It also has a high SPF for travel and comes in a handy unbreakable bottle. The product contains birch, hops and mallow, which are completely natural and skin-safe ingredients.
- Lotus Baby+ Sunscreen SPF 20 PA+++: When it comes to protecting your child, their skin must not be ignored at any cost. Sunscreen for kids should be non-toxic and free of preservatives. It is formulated with calendula extracts which are completely safe for your baby. The Lotus Baby+ Sunscreen SPF 20 PA+++ has an SPF of 20, which would be beneficial for your child's skin and overall health while travelling.
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen MatteGEL Sunscreen SPF 50 PA+++: This product is a gel-based sunscreen by Lotus Herbals. It has an SPF of 50 and can be carried easily in your luggage, making it the best sunscreen for travelling. The lightweight gel formulation of the sunscreen ensures a perfectly oil-free sunscreen experience. The active ingredients used in Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen MatteGEL Sunscreen SPF 50 PA+++ are horse chestnut and vanilla, which are extremely gentle on the skin.
- Lotus Herbals UV Shield & Whitening Gel Cream SPF 50 PA+++: This particular product from Lotus Herbals has a formulation that is unique to every other sunscreen found in the market. It contains the goodness of white peony, which is known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Lotus Herbals UV Shield & Whitening Gel Cream SPF 50 PA+++ brightens the skin, along with providing a powerful SPF of 50. It reduces dark spots and prevents skin from UV B rays while you are busy vacationing on the beach.
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Intensive Sunscreen Spray SPF 50 UVA: The sunscreen spray by Lotus Herbals is a revolutionary product meant to be sprayed on the surface of your skin. The ingredients include sage extracts and chamomile, which are gentle and soothing on the skin. The application does not take time, and the results are exceptional. The sunscreen spray has an SPF of 50, which is extremely suitable for travelling purposes.
Concludingly, buying the best sunscreen for travelling is very important as you always want to carry essential products for your travels. By choosing any one of the sunscreens mentioned above, you would be able to enjoy your vacation without worrying about your skin.