Looking your best all the time is a challenging task. When it comes to being presentable every minute of your day, even the most glamorous tend to fall short at times. Altering your appearance for the better does not have to be that difficult. Anyone can become the best version of themselves by using simple and bold makeup statements. With proper lip care, you can make the most prominent part of your face stand out even more. Similarly, lipsticks also contribute to making you a lot more attractive. There are several different shades available in the market, such as magenta lipstick, brown matte lipstick, and so on.
Lipsticks are essential makeup accessories that make a person’s appearance more refined and elegant. With the right shade of lipstick, you can elevate any dull look. In the following article, we will be discussing a range of different lipstick shades, which are a must-own for a makeup lover like you. We would also be delving into knowing what it takes to pick the right lipstick shade for your skin tone. By using the points given below, you would be able to choose the best suitable pink, red or brown lipstick shades for Indian skin.
Lipstick Shades Every Makeup Lover Must Own
If you look at the shade range available in the market right now, you would not be able to wrap your head around the sheer amount of choices you have. This is because lipstick brands want to create products for every skin tone in the market. People looking for lipsticks online or in retail stores often go for shades suitable for their skin tone or the occasion they buy makeup for. In the global market, lipsticks are primarily targeted at people with lighter skin tones and can effortlessly sport cool tones. Indian skin tone is yet to be adequately represented on the global front when makeup is being talked about. However, Indian brands such as Lotus Makeup and some other names have started factoring in the Indian customer base in their products.
In the case of lipsticks, Indian skin tones are being represented in their home country. Earlier, when only brown lipstick shades for Indian skin were popular, all the other shades have also been marketed towards Indian skin tones with changing times. We would now be looking into some must-have lipstick shades meant for Indian skin tones.
- Pinks: Some of the most worn shades of lipstick are pinks. There is a vast range of shades belonging to this colour family. Pinks are flattering on people of all ages and genders. If you go online and search for the most bought lipstick shades, the answer would be pink. Despite being so popular amongst customers, pinks are the most challenging hues to pick. There are numerous types of pinks available in makeup lines of different cosmetic brands. Choosing the one that suits you can be a tough nut to crack. Generally, subtle shades of pink are universally flattering on all skin tones. Lotus Ecostay Butter Matte Lipstick in the shade Magenta Mist is a magenta lipstick that looks equally great on warmer and cooler skin tones.
- Reds: Red lips are a classic combination of sophistication and statement. Reds were the first lipsticks manufactured for women back in the day, and the love for the scarlet hue has not yet boiled down even a tad. Wearing a bold red lip is a mark of uber class for anyone. However, choosing the right red is also a dicey task for many. There are several red shades for lipsticks, but picking one that represents your individual style and personality can be difficult. Lotus Proedit Silk Touch Matte Lip Color in the shade Rising Red is a true red that makes you stand out of the crowd and contributes to lip care.
- Browns: Brown lipsticks are never out of fashion. This is because there is always brown lipstick on every woman's vanity. Earlier known to be dull and safe, browns can bring together any makeup look to look the finest. You can easily find brown lipstick shades for Indian skin online. They are the most worn shades when it comes to everyday makeup. Lotus Pure Colors Matte Lip Color in the shade Choco Chic is a brown matte lipstick with a natural formula that takes lip care to another level.
- Oranges: Oranges are not so popular amongst customers, and for a good reason. People have mostly misunderstood this hue because it is not usually flattering on most skin tones. However, variations in oranges have become trendy in the current generation, who have resorted to wearing risky makeup shades. If you are aware of your undertone, orange lipsticks can be your best friend. You can go for the shade Coral Voyage from the Lotus Ecostay Butter Matte Lipstick range for its smooth application and nourishing formula.
- Purples: Purples can be highly bold and stunningly subtle when worn correctly. Currently, purple lipsticks are the rage. Brought back by the millennial trends, purple lipsticks come in a range of wearable shades. Purples can be worn during the day as well as for night events. You can opt for Lotus Ecostay Butter Matte Lipstick in the shade Burgundy Bliss for affordable lipsticks. It is a universally flattering shade that could be worn by young and old alike.
- Nudes: Nude lipsticks are a go-to when it comes to creating an everyday makeup look. Known to be highly wearable and season friendly, nudes are the most versatile shades to wear, perfect for day and night events. People who are cool tones go for lighter nudes compared to deeper ones suitable for people with warmer skin tones. Lotus Herbals has created the shade Bare Nude in its Lotus Proedit Silk Touch Matte Lip Color range for a neutral nude. This shade is universally wearable and suits people of all ages.
In conclusion, choosing a lipstick that suits the occasion is essential, but picking one that brings out your personality must be prioritized. Another thing before buying a lipstick is proper lip care which is essential for the better nourishment of your lips in the long run. Next time you go online to buy magenta lipstick or brown matte lipstick, make sure to assess your undertone to make a choice that suits you best.