Contrary to popular belief, pollution is everywhere - From the traffic-filled roads to the happening Indian kitchens. Surprisingly, studies suggest indoor pollution can be up to 10 times worse! Sorry to break it to you, but that's really bad news for your skin.
Thankfully at Lotus Herbals, we have a fantastic team of experts and dermatologists who are constantly researching and perfecting products that will save your skin from the damage caused by pollution.
What are the ill effects of pollution on your skin? Let’s dive in!
Speeds Up Skin Ageing
Skin is made up of two essential proteins - collagen and elastin. Just as buildings are built on a framework that gives them strength and structure, collagen forms the framework which supports your skin and gives it strength. Elastin, on the other hand, is an elastic protein. It gives your skin the baby-like bounce and suppleness.
When exposed to pollution, microscopic particles penetrate your skin and produce free radicals. These free radicals chew up your collagen and elastin aggressively. Your skin gets fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging as these proteins decline. Thus, making your skin look much older than it is.
Damages The Skin’s Natural Protection
Your skin produces natural oils to create a protective barrier. Although it’s only been talked about recently, a healthy skin barrier is the secret to youthful skin. Here’s all the magic it does:
- Keeps skin hydrated and wrinkle-free by preventing water from escaping the skin
- Nourishes the skin with natural oils to keep it looking glowy, bouncy, and smooth
- It prevents harmful microbes and particles from getting into the deeper layer of the skin
Unfortunately, free radicals produced by pollutants severely damage the skin’s barrier leading to dryness, flakiness, irritation, pimples, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Super-tiny pollutant particles seep into your pores and block them, trapping oil, germs, and gunk leading to pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads. On top of that, it makes the skin inflamed causing redness, irritation, and rashes.
Steals Your Brightness & Glow
Have you ever noticed how mirrors lose their shine when dust settles? That’s precisely how your skin loses its fresh glow, and radiance pollutants settle on it throughout the day. But that’s just on the surface. Free radicals secretly cause dark spots and dullness from the inside - robbing your skin of its natural brightness and glow.
Vitamin C: The Skin Solution For Pollution
Eating a healthy diest packed with vitamin C defienitely helps. But it is not enough to keep skin radiant give the unhealthy level of pollution that surrounds us. So it is time to feed your skin a healthy dose of brightening vitamin C with the Lotus Herbals White Lotus range everyday. Here’s a simple 3-step routine with this powerful range that’ll give you the skin of your dreams:
Step - 1: Give Your Skin A Deep Cleanse
Use the Lotus White Glow Face Wash to give your skin a purifying cleanse without drying it out with harsh ingredients. Here’s an expert tip to make the most of this sulfate-free vitamin C face wash - massage it for at least a minute on your wet face to let the goodness of natural vitamin C work on your skin and clear your pores. Once or twice a week, follow up the facewash with the Vitamin-C Radiance Masque.
Here’s what this step will do for your skin:
- Unclog pores to keep skin free from acne and bumps without drying out your skin with harsh sulfates.
- The double vitamin C action from the mask and face wash will help lighten scars and blemishes.
- And brighten your overall skin tone by clearing up patchiness and tanning.
Step 2: Treat The Deepest Layers Of The Skin
The Vitamin C + Gold Radiance Serum has been formulated with advanced skincare technology to go into the deeper layers of the skin. It is free from parabens and artificial fragrances that irritate the skin, much like all the other products in the range.
Apply the serum on damp skin after the cleansing step every morning and night to reap the following benefits:
- The serum has a very high concentration of vitamin C that seeps deep into the skin to increase collagen and elastin production. It also repairs and strengthens weak and damaged collagen to give the skin a natural lift and firmness.
- The naturally derived vitamin C is absorbed quickly to neutralize free radicals. Regular use will give your skin that celeb-like glow and light-from-within brightness!
- The added gold and vitamin C nourish the skin to repair the skin barriers that get damaged throughout the day due to pollution. Thus, leaving your skin plump and hydrated.
Step 3: Seal Moisture (And Youth)
Conclude your skincare routine with the Vitamin-C Radiance Creme, which is lightweight and seeps into your skin without making it oily. If you have dry or ageing skin, use the Lotus WhiteGlow Vitamin-C + Gold Radiance Face Oil on top of the creme.
Here’s what this step will do to your skin:
- The moisturization step gives your skin intense nourishment, which heals and strengthens the skin’s barrier leading to healthier and youthful skin.
- Dehydrated, dry, and flaky skin will be a thing of the past with these two products! The face oil smoothes the skin's surface, giving it a glossy glow, reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- The potent antimicrobial action prevents acne while fading dark spots.
- Accelerate collagen and elastin production in synergy with the other products to firm up your skin.
Using a single range of products with a main hero ingredient like vitamin C in the White Glow range will give you the most noticeable effect. Moreover, these toxin-free products have been formulated to work beautifully together without pilling.
See the difference in your skin with vitamin C!